They are everywhere! We use them all the time in our writing. In fact, you cannot have a sentence without a verb. A verb is simply a doing or action word.
• Jack always ‘runs’ to school.
• He ‘went’ to the shops.
• She ‘made’ a mess of her homework.
• That glass may ‘fall’ off that wobbly table.
Runs, went, made and fall are all verbs. They tell us what someone or something did. When writing, make sure every sentence includes a verb.
- Play Highlight the Verbs
- Play Grammar Bees
- Play Noun and Verb Sort
- Play Parts of Speach Quest Verbs
- Play Icecream Talk Nouns and Verbs
- Play Which Verb Works
- Play Softschool Verbs
Below are links to 2 books that we really enjoyed and helped re-enforce the subject of Nouns and Verbs.