Recently my husband had to cut out as many carbohydrates as possible. You truly don’t realize how many you eat until you have to give them up.
One of my husband’s favorite comfort foods is meatloaf and mashed potatoes. Mashed potatoes do not fit into our low carb meal plan.
I decided to try mashed cauliflower in my new pressure cooker (a must have for any kitchen).
- Head of cauliflower
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- Sour cream
- Grated cheddar cheese
- Cut leaves off cauliflower (keep stem)
- Put 1/4 cup chicken broth in pressure cooker
- Place cauliflower in the cooker
- Set your pressure cooker to steam vegetable mode (the time should be around 8 minutes). Let the pressure release by itself
- Scoop out cauliflower (it will fall off the stem)
- Mash the cauliflower adding butter, sour cream and salt to taste.
- Top with cheese